First session with Greg at VRU
By introducing some questions will help me to understand and realize better the creativity that I am looking for.
1. What is the role of the audience in a performance?
2. How can audience influence/interact with the performers and therefore the composition? By performers I include computers as well.
3. Is this influence conscious or unconscious to the audience and the performers?
4. How much of influence should be allowed to the audience?
This idea is similar to the composer-performer connection. See any serial music and Philip Glass Contrary Motion or Cage.
5. Compare the differences of the same performance system in two different places. Different people- different outcome.
6. How space can influence the writing of a composition? Find out about compositions that were specially made for specific places like the church.
7. In what way should engage the audience in a composition? (conscious or unconscious)
8. Will the audience then become the performer and if so, where is the audience?
9. Above all this, is this going to be an electroacoustic music composition, or an art installation performance?
10. Why people should care about all this?